/'spāsəˌfī/noun - Space For You. A space that can be used to foster creativity and inspiration. verb – 1.To make use & monetize one’s space by listing it on www.Spacefy.it. 2. To find and make use of a space listed on Spacefy for a set, shoot, gig, lesson or class.
Hailing from the mean streets of Toronto’s fashion district, Spacefy is a marketplace for connecting the creative community with cool and unique spaces for their various projects. Think of them as creative space matchmakers, connecting hosts (who have the space) with creators (who need the space). Make sense?
You don’t need to be a creative professional to use Spacefy. Our online listing and booking system offers private and commercial rentals of creative spaces such as photo, video, music, fitness and dance studios to suit any type of project or class. Whether you’re a seasoned professional, a hobbyist, a novice or a student, Spacefy makes finding the right spot super easy and affordable.
Spacefy also helps facilitate the monetization of non-traditional commercial and private spaces. Whether it’s a sound studio in your basement, a photo studio in the den or an empty barn on a farm, Spacefy allows everyday people to make extra money renting out their unique space.
List it, Find it, Book it ...
“The world is but a canvas to the imagination.” - Henry David Thoreau
Meet the Spacefyers:
Founder & CEO
If the folks at Spacefy had to dress according to their roles in the company, Judeh would be rocking a captain’s hat, an eye patch, wooden leg, and a parrot uttering obscenities on his shoulder. As Founder and Lead on Product and Operations, Judeh makes sure that our Spacefy ship doesn’t hit any icebergs and safely navigates uncharted waters.
Having a robust background in business operations, Judeh has nearly a decade’s experience in product development and management, driving strong business results in new markets with new technologies. He was literally imported from Jordan to Canada to run North America’s first Arabic online television platform. Far from a “yes man”, he has been known to argue against the side he believes in just to make sure that whatever we’re doing, we’re doing it right. Being the most honest guy we know, Judeh’s modus operandi is doing things right for all stakeholders: space owners, space renters and employees too.
Co-founder, Customer Experience Lead
Moya can be described as a “glass is completely full” kinda guy. He’s the guy that Tony Robbins would call if he needed some positive motivation. Moya looks at everything the same way that a mother looks at their child; no matter what level of disarray things may find themselves in, he sees the good and figures out a way to make it butter (thats not a typo). Moya makes things smooth, savoury and delicious.
A true team player and backer, Moya has a rich background in marketing and business development having spent a decade with acclaimed international ad agencies FCB and TBWA. He then ran the direct sales, reseller and community partnership programs for multiple international IPTV platforms. Moya knows a thing or two about developing meaningful client relationships and keeping customers happy at all costs.
As a Co-founder and Customer Experience Lead, Moya puts feet to the street and makes sure that Spacefy has the coolest locations and spots for whatever creative niche you need, while providing unrivalled customer care every step of the way.
Co-founder, Marketing & Customer Engagement Lead
Al is the dude that can be found attached to the beard that works for Spacefy. In his previous life, Al was an electrical engineer in the telecom space, where he ensured entire area codes stayed online. To accommodate his creative alter ego, Al followed his true passion in media and marketing and ended up building brands and audience engagement at NeuLion, a leader in the Internet television space.
Always coming up with “interesting” (read: totally insane but everyone is too scared to tell him) ideas and concepts. His left and right brain hemispheres pack a one-two punch that produce an electrical storm of creativity that can spark totally new ways to look at our business.
Now, Al’s moonlighting involves DJ’ing, rocking out with his beard out with his band and snapping cityscapes with his BFF - a Nikon DSLR. Al is also responsible for getting the birthday cakes for the office, so if you’re nice to him, you might get a double crumble fudge ice cream cake on your name day! Yum.
Meet the Board:
President, Co-chairman & CEO of Scharfe Group of Companies
Bradley Scharfe, President, Co-chairman & CEO of Scharfe Group of Companies, is an accomplished financier with over 25 years of expertise in North America’s lucrative capital markets.
Damian Lee has written, directed and produced over fifty features.
Damian Lee has written, directed and produced over fifty features, some of which have spawned profitable and entertaining sequels. Lee cast Jim Carrey, Kim Coates, Nina Dobrev, amongst many other notables, in their first feature film roles.
John R. Anderson
Former Chief Financial Officer of Lpbp Inc.
John R. Anderson
Mr. John R. Anderson, CA, has over 40 years of financial and corporate governance experience. He's extensive experience in finance, encompasses a wide spectrum of industry from energy to technology companies including, Difference Capital Financial Inc, Impax Energy and Neulion.
Partner and Chief Operations Officer at SB2 Group
Michael Bradley is a Partner and Chief Operations Officer at technology and media venture creation firm, SB2 Group. He also serves as an advisor and seed investor in various fintech, social mobile and peer-to-peer startup ventures.
Chairman and a Director of Freedom International
McRae is a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Professional Accountant. He attended the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management in 2008 and graduated from the Directors Education Program of the Institute of Corporate Directors with an ICD.D designation.
Meet the Advisors:
G. Scott Paterson
A technology and media venture capitalist
G. Scott Paterson
- Former Vice Chairman of the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Former Chairman of Toronto Venture Exchange
- Second investor in Lionsgate Entertainment; current Board Member & Chair of Audit Committee
- Former CEO of JumpTV
- Former Vice Chairman of NeuLion
- Chairman of Symbility Solutions
- Chairman of Engagement Labs
- Chairman of SB2
A value creator and investor
- Vice President, Board of Directors at TiE Toronto
- Director at Project-1 Inc.
- Advisor at Wildlaw Capital Markets
- Advisor at MaRS Discovery District
- Former CEO of Kaypok
- Former COO of Sciencescape Inc.
- Former Vice President, Technology Initiatives at Blackberry
Matt Di Paola
A holistic media expert and consultant
Matt Di Paola
- Managing Director & Partner at Sid Lee
- Executive Mentor at ideaBOOST, Canadian Film Centre
- Advisor at DX3 Canada
- Advisor at Mediazoic
- Former SVP & General Manager at Critical Mass
- Former Chief Strategy & Innovation Officer at Mediacom Canada
- Former SVP & Managing Director at Proximity Canada
An accomplished digital media executive
- Partner & CPO at SB2 Group
- Co-founder of Giftagram and consultant to Frendo
- Former Director of Product Development at JumpTV
- Former VP of Product with NeuLion
- Former VP of Product with KyLin Global Networks
A GPS to our media universe
- Principal at Online Magazine Marketing
- Consultant at Kenilworth Media, CPA Canada & Magazines Canada
- Business Consultant at Ontario Media Development Corporation
- Former Vice President, Publisher at Time Canada
- Former Board of Directors member at TIFF
- Former Associate Publisher at Toronto Life
A worldwide connector in film and music
- President at Talsa Media
- Former President of Ossian Media
- Former Account Exec at Grey
A scholar in the art of hospitality
- Principal at Sconce Hospitality
- House Manager at Wittington Properties
- House Manager at Mandalay
- Member Services Manager at the Granite Club
- Event Services Manager at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre
A TV and film producer and creator
- Senior Story Producer, Force Four Entertainment
- Former Senior Segment Producer/Director, So You Think You Can Dance Canada
- Former Videographer & Producer, CTV
- Former Videographer & Segment Producer, CHUM